At ShrewsMUN 3 we release two topics per committee in advance and then a more current topic in the two weeks leading up to the conference. We hope that this change will allow delegates to prepare in advance but also be challenged near the conference on a very current topic. The third topic will not have a briefing paper as it will be current and so feature heavily in the news at the time.
To contact your Head Chair please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your email on. Briefing papers will all be released over the next few months.
Committees and topics at ShrewsMUN 3 are:
- The question of the Internal Conflict in Nigeria
- The question of the Syrian Civil War
Human Rights Council
- The question of religious freedoms
- The issue of the plight of Yemeni civilians
- The issue of the threat of data collection to democracy
- The issue of “fake news”
- The issue of human Trafficking in South East Asia
- The question of Mandatory Military Service
- The question of Trade Wars
- The question of Tax Havens
- The question of the use of explosive weapons in populated areas
- The issue regarding lethal autonomous weapons
- The issue of continued reliance on non renewable resources
- The issue of global access to water
Special – The issue of ethics in science
In this committee all three topics will be published now.
- The question of whether ‘robot rights’ are required for sufficiently humanoid Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The issue of the morality of gene editing, at what extent does it become eugenics.
- The issue of international and intergenerational responsibility in our corporate response to climate change, ensuring that the repercussions each area faces are just.
- The question of whether education is a viable preventative of radicalisation in refugee camps.
- The question of cultural and historical sites in war zones.