The topic for the General Assembly is Afghanistan. The briefing paper is below:
The topic is the same for both General Assemblies. Delegates are split into the two GAs depending on their committee.
- HRC, Human Rights, UNESCO and Political will be in the first GA.
- SC, ECOSOC, Disarmament, EnviroSci and Special will be in the second GA.
Delegations will be asked to submit a full resolution for GA on the Saturday morning of the conference. Please ensure that you have an electronic copy as well as a paper copy to hand in. Note that GA is different to committees where they debate clause by clause.
Koby Ferdinand Okpala and Niamh Nugent will preside over the first GA, whilst Grace O’Mara and Ebrahim Jamshid will preside over the second GA.
Chad and Koby will choose the resolutions to be debated, during Saturday and inform the ambassadors, of the delegations chosen, by the end of committees on Saturday.
A resolution likely to be debated will:
- Be around 7-12 clauses long.
- Be accompanied by pre ambulatory clauses.
- Have the correct grammar for a full resolution.
- Address a range of issues encompassed in the topic.
- Have potential for debate.